Perfectly crunchy vegetable chips for those chip cravings, without undoing your diet! These oven baked rosemary and sea salt sweet potato chips will leave you craving more!
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, or Beets, Other Root Vegetables
- Kosher Sea Salt
- Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary, minced
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray or Coconut Oil Spray (For Whole30)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray two large non-stick baking sheets with cooking oil.
- Using a mandoline, set to 1/16″ inch, carefully slice sweet potatoes, or other root vegetable, thinly. *NOTE* If making beet chips, be sure to layer beet chips between paper towels and extract as much moisture as possible to ensure they crisp properly. Sweet potatoes do not need to be toweled.
- Lay in a single layer onto baking sheet, and spray gently with non-stick spray or coconut oil spray. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, and lightly with minced rosemary.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 7-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place back into oven and continue to bake additional 5-7 minutes until chips are crispy and the centers are dry. Remove from oven, let cool and then devour.
*NOTE* Check chips frequently to ensure they do not burn. I adjusted the times according to my oven. All ovens are different, so adjust times as necessary.
Lightly adapted from BHG’s Root Vegetable Chips.