These gluten free mini chocolate orange scones will have your pinkies up as you take a bite! Savor each crumb during your next Downton marathon!
- 2 cups Pamela’s Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Butter, cubed and frozen
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream +1/4 cup More if Needed*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse to combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the frozen butter cubes, and pulse 7 times so butter is in small crumbles and evenly distributed. Add in orange zest and vanilla extract. Pulse three more times to combine completely.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl. Pour mini chocolate chips into the mixture and using a spatula stir to combine. Drizzle 3/4 cup of heavy cream over the top and gently mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Pour mixture on to a clean, heavily floured surface. Using your hands gently knead dough to form a ball and press into a rectangle 5 inches wide, 3/4 inches tall, and approximately 8 inches long.
- Using a knife, cut down the middle of the dough rectangle lengthwise. Cut each log into even squares, and then cut each square onto a diagonal forming a triangle.
- Place each scone on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top.
- Gently remove from the baking sheet and cool on a wire rack. Serve with tea and other Pamela’s Products premade treats.