Peanut butter ice cream with marshmallow creme swirl.
- 1 pint Whole Milk
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- 1 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 5 Egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cup Marshmallow Creme
Peanut Butter Magic Shell:
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter, smooth
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
For Ice Cream:
- In medium saucepan, heat milk and heavy cream until it just bubbles.
- Whisk eggs in large bowl along with the sugar, and then add the hot milk mixture in a slow stream running to temper the egg and sugar mixture.
- Pour everything back into saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking in 1 1/3 cup of peanut butter until it becomes smooth and thickened.
- Pour custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge to chill for at least two hours.
- Freeze custard in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. About 20 minutes according to some manufacturer’s instructions.
- In the last 30 seconds of mixing, mix in the marshmallow creme and allow to swirl into peanut butter ice cream.
- Scrape ice cream into freezer safe container and press plastic wrap to the surface of the ice cream. Seal container and freeze until solidified. Freeze about two hours. Serve when frozen through.
For Peanut Butter Magic Shell Topping:
- Microwave coconut oil until just melted. Add in peanut butter and whisk together until both are combined evenly.
- Drizzle over ice cream and devour.
Adapted from Cuisnart’s Ice Cream recipes.