There is nothing better with soup than easy herb buttermilk drop biscuits, and they don’t take a lot of time! Warm up!
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Dill, minced
- 2 Tbsp Green Onion, minced
- 1 tsp Rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup Butter, chilled and cubed
- 2/3 cup Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add in the minced herbs and mix together.
- Using a pastry blender, or two forks, blend in the cubed butter until small pea sized crumbles form.
- Gently mix in the buttermilk, folding to combine just until the dry ingredients are mixed together and the dough just holds together.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, drop 12 biscuits onto the sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the biscuits begin to turn golden brown. Adjust baking times as necessary. Serve with soup or chowder.