Make these butternut squash breakfast wraps ahead of time for a quick breakfast on the go! With instructions for freezing and heating, too!
- 4 cups Diced Butternut Squash
- 16 Turkey Sausage Links, cooked and chopped (1 package Jenny-O is what I used)
- 1/2 cup wilted Spinach, squeeze of excess moisture
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Whole Wheat High Fiber Tortillas
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- Non Stick Cooking Spray
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt half of the butter.
- Season diced butternut squash with salt and pepper.
- When butter is simmering, add in half of the squash, and cook until brown. Toss in pan and continue to cook until all sides are golden brown and the squash is soft.
- Set aside on a plate, and add in remaining squash, cooking through.
- Next, cook turkey sausages until they are cooked through. Set aside on plate and cut into small cubes.
- In skillet, wilt spinach until wilted.
- Shred cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining butter into the skillet, and allow to come to a simmer. Add in eggs, and cook through scrambled.
- To assemble, top each tortilla wrap with eggs, cheddar cheese, spinach, squash and sausage. Wrap up.
- Wrap each butternut squash breakfast wrap with one paper towel to absorb any remaining steam that might escape. Then wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Place each wrap onto a baking sheet and freeze.
- Gently tear hole into the plastic wrap of your butternut squash breakfast wrap to allow wrap to vent while microwaving.
- Place in microwave and “defrost” for 1 minute on 50% heat.
- Then heat for 2-2:30 seconds on full power. Check temperature to ensure the wrap is heated all the way through. Eat while warm.
Each microwave is different, so adjust reheating times as necessary.