You won’t believe your taste buds with this Bourbon Banana Nut Stuffed French Toast. Roasted bananas, creamy cheese, and cinnamon make a great way to start your weekend!
- 1 Loaf Brioche, sliced 1 1/2″-2″ thick
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp Bourbon
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped Pecans
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Maple Syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place sliced bananas onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until the bananas start to gently caramelize. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- While the bananas are baking, take each slice of brioche, using a sharp pointed and serrated knife, lay the slice flat and like you were slicing the bread horizontally, insert the knife flatly into the bread and slice a small pocket into the middle of the bread, ensuring you don’t puncture through the bread. Repeat with each slice of brioche. Set aside momentarily.
- In a bowl, mix together cooled bananas, bourbon, cinnamon, ¼ cup pecans, and cream cheese until smooth.
- With a spoon or knife, or a piping bag with a round tip and filled with banana mix, spread into the pocket of each bread slice.
- In another shallow bowl whisk together, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Dip each slice of stuffed brioche into the egg wash and place into a heated, and non-stick sprayed pan over medium to medium-high heat. Cook until each side is deep golden brown. Flip and cook completely.
- Serve immediately with additional bananas and chopped pecans on top. Top with maple syrup.