Ooey gooey rocky road brownies topped with melted marshmallows, pecans, and extra chocolate make these simply sinful!
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Pecans, cut into pieces
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 4 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Canola (or Vegetable) Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 8 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (8 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- Place oven rack in the middle of the oven, and preheat to 350 degrees. Grease a METAL 9×13 inch pan, and line with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whist together the flour ,salt and baking powder.
- In another small microwave-safe bowl, mix together the chocolate chips, marshmallows, and pecans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, and both sugars, oil, and vanilla.
- Place the chopped bittersweet chocolate and butter into a bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate and butter melt together to create a ganache. Into the melted ganache, stir in the cocoa powder.
- Stir the chocolate mixture slowly into the egg and sugar mixture, stirring to combine completely.
- Pour the dry flour mixture into the chocolate mixture, stirring until just a couple streaks of flour remain. Stir in half of the chocolate chips, marshmallows and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Top with other half of chocolate chips, marshmallows, and pecans on top.
- Bake for 25-29 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with just a couple of crumbs on it. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Use the parchment sling to lift the brownies out of the pan to slice and serve.
Mildly adapted from Sara Keiffer’s Rocky Road Brownies from 100 Cookies Cookbook
Keywords: Brownies, Chocolate, Rocky Road, Baking, Marshmallows