You love that bacon and blue cheese flavor, so this bacon and blue cheese dip with homemade oven fries will need to be present at your next football get together!
Homemade Oven Fries:
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Whipped Bacon and Blue Dip:
- 2/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, whipped
- 1 cup Crumbled Wisconsin Blue Cheese
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Chives, minced
- 2 tsp Dill, minced
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
For Oven Fries:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub and dry potatoes of residual dirt, do not peel.
- On a cutting board, halve each potato. Slice each half into ½” sections, then lay each section on its flat side and cut again into ½” slices making fries. Place the fries into a large bowl of cold water and let the potatoes soak in the water for 10 minutes. This will help remove excess starch.
- Line a baking sheet with several paper towels. Drain the potatoes and lay onto the paper towels, patting to dry. Once dry, pour onto the baking sheet. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place into the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, turning three times while baking. The potatoes should be crispy and golden brown when done. Remove from oven and plate.
For the Whipped Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip:
- In a bowl, using an immersion blender, or use a food processor if available. Pour the whipping cream into the bowl. Blend until the cream starts to set and hold soft peaks. Scrape down the bowl several times through the process to ensure that the cream is being evenly mixed.
- Once the cream has softly set, add in the crumbled Wisconsin blue cheese, chives, dill, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Pulse the mixture together until the cream has set and the Wisconsin blue cheese has been mixed in.
- Pour into a dish and serve along side homemade oven fries.