Pack this protein filled tuna and orzo pasta salad for your lunch or summer picnic! It’s easy to transport, and makes a TON!
- 1 1/2 cup Dry Orzo Pasta
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Salt/Pepper – to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cups Spinach, chopped
- 1 can Cannellini or Garbanzo Beans (I used Garbanzo since it’s what I had on hand)
- 1 can (5 oz) Solid White Tuna, drained and flaked (Use the Solid tuna in water here!)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, or Shallot, minced
- 1 stalk Celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half (Or more! They are so good!)
- 2 Tbsp Basil, minced
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan (optional – it’s great without it, too)
- Cook orzo pasta according to directions, in heavily salted water. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- While the orzo is cooking, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, and set aside.
- To the bowl with the dressing, add in the spinach, beans, tuna, red onion, celery, and grape tomatoes. Add in drained orzo pasta and toss together to coat. Add in parmesan cheese. Serve warm or chilled.
- Salad will keep for 5 days. Perfect for lunches!