This hot dog has all the flavors of Thailand with peanut sauce, fresh mango and sweet chili sauce. You will love this Sweet Chili Thai Peanut Hot Dog!
- 4 Beef Hot Dog Franks
- 4 Hot Dog Buns
- ½ cup Peanut Satay Sauce (or follow recipe below)
- ¼ cup Cilantro, minced
- ¼ cup Basil, chiffonade
- 1 Mango, peeled and cubed
- ½ Cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 Shallot, finely sliced
- ¼ cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 c. Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 4 Tbsp. White Wine
- 1 tsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1″ Ginger Root, finely minced
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together all peanut sauce ingredients and set aside. If using Peanut sauce from a jar, omit the listed ingredients.
- Preheat grill, and cook dogs until heated through.
- While dogs are cooking, mince and chop cucumber, cilantro, basil, shallots and mango. Set aside.
- Toast hot dog buns until golden brown. Spread peanut sauce onto toasted hot dog bun. Top hot dog bun with cooked hot dog, and top hot dog with diced cucumber, mango, shallots, cilantro and basil.
- Drizzle sweet chili sauce over the top of the hot dog and devour immediately.
Megan Keno – Country Cleaver