Don’t wait hours for your turkey to cook in the oven, and don’t be afraid to cook your stuffing in the bird – this stuffed turkey roulade cooks in a fraction of the time and gives you moist, flavorful stuffing all in one!
- 1 Whole Turkey Breast section, deboned – ask your butcher
- 1 batch Cranberry Cornbread Stuffing with Sausage
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place turkey breast section skin side down. Using a sharp knife filet the larger portions of the breast, making horizontal slices nearly through the breast to create a flap.
- Flip the breast meat so that it lays as flat as possible. Use a meat tenderizer to get the breast meat to an even thickness if necessary.
- Season the breast with salt and pepper. Spoon prepared stuffing over the entire breast.
- Starting at one side, begin to roll the meat and stuffing into a roll. Once you reach the end, lay the seam on the bottom.
- Clean hands and gather about 6 feet of twine. Create a loop knot at one end and shimmy it under one end of the chicken. Create a small loop (like a lasso), and repeat the process, making loops and “trussing” the chicken, until you reach the end. Ensure that the twine is tight and holds the chicken in its rolled shape.
- Transfer to a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Rub the outer skin of the chicken with butter.
- Bake for 45-60minutes or until the chicken reaches 160 degrees. Let rest for 20 minutes after roasting. Remove twine and slice using a sharp knife. Serve immediately.