Take the stress off the holidays with this slow cooker apple sausage stuffing that can be set aside to cook while you focus on the turkey!
- 1 pound Pork Sausage
- 10 cups (approx. 1 Loaf) STALE Crusty Bread Cubes cut into 1/2-3/4″ cubes
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning, I used this one
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, breaking it apart with a spoon. Drain the fat away from the sausage. Set aside.
- Spray the slow cooker bowl with non stick spray. In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread cubes, apples, onion, and sausage. Drizzle with the melted butter, and season with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Pour the broth over the top and toss to combine. You may need additional broth, add it in gradually so you don’t over wet the stuffing.
- Pour the stuffing into the slow cooker. Set it on low and cook for 4 1/2-5 hours, or on high for 2 1/2-3 hours
Keywords: Thanksgiving, Side Dish, Stuffing, Dressing, Recipe, Slow Cooker, Sausage