Ready in just 30 minutes, this rustic tomato kale fettuccine with tomato cream sauce is bright, colorful, and full of flavor for a special day, or any day in between!
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Oil, such as vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 bunch (4 cups) Kale, stem removed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp dried Oregano, or Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo Sauce
- 1 package Fresh Fettuccine Pasta
- Fresh Basil, minced for garnish
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Pine Nuts, optional
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the fettuccine noodles, and heavily salt the water.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil. Once heated, add in tomatoes and stir with a wooden spoon until the tomatoes begin to blister. About 2 minutes. Once blistered, add in the onion.
- Sweat the onions, until the edges start to turn brown. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, kale, and oregano, and toss the ingredients to ensure that the kale is coated in any remaining oil.
- Add in salt and pepper, toss to combine. Allow the kale to wilt, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the crushed tomato, alfredo sauce. Bring the mixture to a light simmer.
- Prepare the noodles according to the package directions. Immediately drain and add into the skillet with the sauce. toss the noodles to coat with pasta sauce. Serve immediately.
- Garnish the pasta with fresh basil, parmesan and pine nuts if desired.
Keywords: Pasta, Fettuccine, 30 Minutes or Less, Dinner, Recipe, Tomato, Vegetarian