Packed with crunchy panko and fresh and lively roasted red pepper pesto these roasted red pepper pesto parmesan stuffed artichokes are a meal in themselves!
- 2 Artichokes, trimmed
- 1 cup Panko
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 6 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1–2 Tbsp
For the Artichokes:
- In a large stock pot, fill with water and place trimmed artichokes upside down in the water. Cover and bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and simmer artichokes until the heart if fork tender. Remove and drain. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl combine panko, olive oil, garlic, red pepper pesto, cilantro, and parmesan.
- Place the artichokes on a baking sheet and gently (careful not to burn your self) pour and stuff the artichoke leaves with the panko filling.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the panko is golden brown and the parmesan cheese begins to melt. Remove from the oven.
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
- While the artichokes are in the oven begin the hollandaise sauce. In a small saucepan, fill with one inch water and bring to a simmer on the oven.
- In a metal or heat safe bowl, place over the saucepan. In the bowl, whisk the egg yolks until light yellow in color. Slowly whisk in the melted butter. Add the butter in a steady stream so the eggs come to temperature gradually and don’t curdle.
- Continue to whisk over the simmering saucepan to heat the egg mixture. Add in the parmesan cheese, red pepper pesto and lemon juice. Whisk until the parmesan begins to melt.
- If the sauce is too thick for your liking, add in a tablespoon of water or two to your liking. Remove from the double boiler and pour into a bowl. Serve with stuffed artichokes.