Looking for a healthier alternative to mashed potatoes this holiday season? This roasted garlic whipped cauliflower is the perfect side dish! You won’t even miss the spuds!
- 2 Heads Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup Bacon Fat, melted (approximately 3/4 pound bacon, fried)
- 1 head Garlic, roasted
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower with bacon fat and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until it starts to turn golden brown and soft.
- Squeeze the cloves from the head of roasted garlic, and add to food processor. Add in the roasted cauliflower, salt, pepper and broth. Blend until smooth.
- Season with additional ground pepper. Serve immediately.
From Simply Scratch : 120 Homemade Recipes Made Easy from Laurie McNamara