This roasted garlic sage and white wine gravy is gluten free, and dairy free friendly if you are balancing a big holiday meal for those with food sensitivities.
- 4 Tbsp Butter, softened (or ghee for a dairy free version)
- 4 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 cups Drippings from roasted Diestel American Heirloom Turkey, separated from the fat
- 1 1/2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup White Wine, I used Chardonnay
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Garlic, pureed
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 tsp Minced Sage, fresh preferably
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter and cornstarch until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the turkey drippings, chicken broth, wine, and all remaining spices. Stir together and bring to a heavy simmer over medium high heat.
- One tablespoon at a time, whisk in the butter/cornstarch mixture until it is completely incorporated into the sauce. Bring the gravy to a heavy simmer in between additions so that you can monitor the gravy for thickness.
- Once you have whisked the butter/cornstarch into the gravy, allow the gravy to thicken and remove from heat to serve along side your Diestel turkey.
Keywords: Gravy, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Holiday, Turkey, Dinner, Recipe, Sauce