This cream-free chowder is full of corn, and topped off with roasted jalapeno, lots of garlic, and beer for a robust flavor combo. Serve with some crusty bread, and you’ll be in heaven!
- 4 ears Yellow Corn, shucked
- 1 1/2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Beer
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Jalapeno, roasted, and diced
- On a hot grill, place 4 years of shucked corn and jalapeno. Cover and let grill until corn turns golden and brown in places. Turn over to ensure it is evenly grilled.
- Once corn has grilled and turned brown, remove corn and jalapeno from grill. Place jalapeno in plastic bag and allow to steam so it is easier to peel the skin away.
- Remove corn kernels from the cob, carefully using a knife. Reserve 1/4 cup of kernels in small bowl to use as garnish for finished chowder.
- In medium pot or large deep saucepan. Heat olive oil. Add in minced onion and simmer for 2 minutes. Add in garlic and allow to become fragrant.
- Add in thyme, pepper, salt and pour in chicken broth, beer and add in corn. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, or a full size blender, blender soup until smooth consistency forms. If using a full size blender, blend on the lowest setting to make sure it doesn’t spurt out the top of the blender and burn you.
- Add back into sauce pan and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve!