These soft, fluffy orange-laced rolls are made for lazy weekend mornings with a cup of coffee.
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 1/4 Tsp Yeast
- 4 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 8 Tbsp Orange Marmalade
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Zest and Juice of 2 Oranges
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup whole Milk
- 4 Tbsp Butter, melted
- In large sauce pan over medium heat, warm milk, sugar and oil, stirring together until sugar has dissolved. Remove from stove. Sprinkle yeast over the top and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl add 4 cups flour and pour milk/yeast mixture over the top. Stir together to incorporate. Cover and let rise for at least an hour.
- Stir in remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Roll out down into 30×10 inch rectangle.
- Drizzle melted butter over the surface of the dough. Spread orange marmalade over the butter.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the marmalade. Sprinkle over dash of salt.
- Roll dough and filling in a tight log. Pinch seams of dough closed. Slice dough log into rolls.
- Preheat oven to 375. Butter baking dish and place rolls into the dish. Once all are securely in dish, allow to rise an additional 20 minutes.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool on counter.
- In bowl, whisk together icing ingredients and pour over the top of the warm sweet rolls.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Original Recipe Source Ree Drummond.