Get a little Italian in your life with this twist – a prosciutto pesto hot dog with blistered fresh mozzarella, fresh pesto and crispy fried prosciutto!
- 4 All Beef Hot Dogs
- 4 High Quality Buns
- 6 ounces Fresh Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup Pesto, divided
- 3 ounces Prosciutto, sliced thinly and fried until crispy
- 1/2 cup Marinated Artichoke Hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- Heat the grill over medium heat. When heated completely add on hot dogs, and reduce heat to low. Grill until cooked through.
- In an oven proof skillet, fry the sliced prosciutto until crispy. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- While hot dogs are grilling, in a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, and 1/2 of the pesto until combined to create a faux aioli. Set aside. Also chop the marinated artichoke hearts.
- In the last minute on the grill, top the hot dogs with thin slices of the mozzarella and remove once the cheese is melted. Toast buns.
- To assemble, spread pesto aioli onto the toasted buns. Top with mozzarella covered hot dog. Top with crispy prosciutto, artichoke hearts, and the remaining fresh pesto.
Keywords: Hot Dog, Grilling, Recipe, Prosciutto, Pesto, Mozzarella