Perfect for Pumpkin Pie all year ’round!
- 1 Sugar Pumpkin, halved and scraped of seeds
- 1 Baking Sheet or Baking Dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Halve sugar pumpkin with a sharp knife and scrape of the seeds and inner fibers. Place face down on a baking sheet or baking dish.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the pumpkin is fork tender and the peel can be peeled away easily. Allow the pumpkin to cool down before handling.
- Dice the cooled pumpkin into large chunks. Place in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Scrape down sides if necessary.
- Push the puree through a fine mesh sieve to remove any large fibrous bits and chunks.
- Place in air tight food safe containers or freezer safe plastic bags for later use. Freeze until ready to use. Allow to defrost before use. Can store in freezer up to six months.