20 Minute Pear Chocolate Cream Cheese Danishes celebrate the most under celebrated fruit of fall – the pear! Slightly sweet and utterly delicious sprinkled with chocolate, these are great for breakfast or for dessert!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips, or chocolate chunks
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 3 Tbsp Water
- Powdered Sugar – for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out thawed puff pastry into a 12×9″ rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise, and then cut each piece into four smaller rectangles – yielding 8 total danish rectangles.
- With a knife, score ½” border around the edge of each piece of puff pastry. Use a fork to make five or six pricks into the dough within the border of each piece. This will help keep the middle of each piece from rising.
- In a bowl, stir together softened cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract. Spoon about 2-3 heaping tablespoons of mixture into the middle of each piece of dough and spread around evenly, ensuring the mix stays within the borders.
- Into the middle of the cream cheese, add sliced pear and chocolate chips and press down into the cream cheese lightly so they set in place.
- In a small dish or cup, whisk together the egg and water. Using a pastry brush – brush the edges of the puff pastry with the mixture. This will help the edges turn golden brown and crispy.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown, on the middle rack and rotate the baking sheet half way through baking.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or room temperature. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Keywords: Pear, Chocolate, Baking, Breakfast, Dessert, Easy, Recipe