- 2 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips, or chocolate chunks (10 ounces)
- Flake Sea Salt, optional
- Adjust oven rack to middle of the oven. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in the brown and white sugar until light and fluffy, scraping down the bowl at least one time to ensure it is combined completely. Beat about 2-3 minutes total. Add in peanut butter, and beat until combined and smooth.
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low, stir in the flour until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add in 2/3 of the chocolate chips, or chocolate chunks. Set aside the other 1/3 for later.
- If possible, cover the bowl and place the dough into the fridge for 1 hour to allow the dough to chill and rest prior to baking. This is optional.
- Using a cookie scoop drop 8 dough balls onto one cookie sheet. Press a few semi-sweet chocolate chips, or chocolate chunks on top of each cookie dough ball, pressing gently on top so that they adhere.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, rotating the sheet 180 degrees on the rack halfway through baking.
- Remove and place baking sheet on a wire rack to cool completely. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- When the cookies come out of the oven, you can sprinkle lightly with flakes sea salt. This is optional, but utterly delicious.
Keywords: Peanut Butter Cookies, Chocolate Chip, Chocolate, Dessert