- 12 ounces Spaghetti noodles
- 4 1/2 cups Water
- 2 Leeks, thinly sliced and rinsed (whites and light green only)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced (fresh garlic is best here)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 sprigs of Basil, 3 for cooking and reserve 1 for serving, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Combine the pasta, 4½ cups water, leeks, garlic, lemon zest (save juice for sauce), 3 sprigs of basil, salt and pepper in a large skillet with 2-inch sides. I use my 3 quart dutch oven for this, so the pasta can lay flat in the water.
- Cover and bring the water to a boil (remove the lid after the water begins to boil) and cook the pasta, stirring occasionally, until the water is nearly gone and the pasta is fully cooked, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and Parmesan, and stir vigorously to combine and melt the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with basil leaves and lemon zest and additional pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Pure Wow’s Pasta Limone
Keywords: Pasta, Italian, One Pot, Lemon, Basil, Dinner, Recipe