Italian plums and peaches are in season right now! Make the most of summer with this easy cobbler recipe.
- 6–7 Italian Plums, halved and chopped
- 3 Large Ripe Peaches, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 Clear Jel or other pie thickener
- 2 Tbsp Bourbon
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/4 Flour
- 4 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together fruits, Clear Jel (or other thickener), sugar, cinnamon and bourbon.
- Fill mason jars with fruit filling. Fill slightly higher than the rim because the will settle while baking.
- In another bowl, mix together crisp topping ingredients. Using a fork or your fingers mix the ingredients together until crumbles form. Pour generously onto the top of the fruit crisps.
- Place mason jars onto an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes or until the crisp toppings are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
Keywords: Baking, Dessert, Fruit, Pie, Recipe, Cobbler, Peach, Plum, Bourbon, Crisp