These loaded bacon ranch duchess potatoes are a fancy twist on classic mashed potatoes, but loaded with all the greatness of baked potatoes. Eat them duchess style or just as mashed potatoes for dinner tonight!
- 5 pounds Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 package powdered ranch dip mix
- 5 slices bacon, cookies and finely chopped
- 2 stalks green onion, finely minced
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large stockpot, add quartered potatoes. Fill the stockpot with cold water until potatoes are covered. Cover the stockpot with a lid and bring the potatoes to a boil.
- Boil until the potatoes are fork tender. A fork should be able to pass through the potato without the potato falling apart. Drain potatoes.
- Pour potatoes into a large mixing bowl, or a stand mixer bowl outfitted with a paddle attachment. Turn mixer onto low, or using potato mash, mash potatoes until they are smooth.
- Add in butter, cream cheese and half and half and mix in. Once incorporated, sprinkle in pepper, and powdered ranch dip mix, stir in.
- Finally, mix in bacon, green onion and cheddar cheese. Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Outfit a piping bag, like one used in cake decorating, with a coupler and a large tip with a wide decorative pattern.
- Fill the piping bag with the mixed potatoes and pipe into tall round stacks onto a non-stick baking sheet that has been sprayed lightly with non-stick spray.
- Bake until potatoes turn golden brown on top, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from baking sheet with a spatula and serve immediately.