These lemon poppy seed crepes with lemon curd are perfect for breakfast or dessert, and whip up beautifully for the family! And they are surprisingly easy.
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk, room temperature
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Poppyseeds
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Lemon Curd
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Add in the remaining ingredients, Except Lemon Curd, and whisk together until smooth.
- Let the mixture rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour on the counter.
- When the batter has rested, heat a non-stick pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Spray lightly with non-stick spray, and add in 1/3 cup of batter to the pan. Quickly swirl the pan to coat the bottom of it with the crepe mixture and then place back on the burner. The edges will start to brown.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the crepe to the other side and cook until that side just begins to toast to golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on a baking sheet. Repeat process until all crepes are cooked.
- Fill with lemon curd and fold into quarters, or roll. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Serve.
Adapted from King Arthur Flour’s Parisian Street Vendor Crepes