These Instant Pot roasted garlic and Boursin mashed potatoes are ultra creamy, cheesy, and flavorful, and the Instant Pot makes them in a snap!
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup Half and Half, or Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Butter, unsalted preferred but use what you have
- Salt and Ground Pepper
- 1 Head Roasted Garlic, cooled and cloves extracted
- 1/2 round of Boursin Garlic and Chive Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Chives, minced
TO ROAST GARLIC
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice the top ½” of garlic heads. Drizzle olive oil over the top of each head of garlic.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Gently separate cloves of garlic and squeeze cloves to get the garlic meat out of the skin of the garlic.
- Use immediately or store in airtight container in the fridge.
INSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot, and place the steamer basket in the pot. Add the potatoes to the basket.
- Place the lid on the pot, and set the pressure release to SEALING. Select STEAM, and set the cook time to 4 minutes, on high pressure. When the cooking is done, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the pot, and with heat resistant gloves, lift the basket out of the inner pot. Pour the excess water out of the pot.
- Add the potatoes to the inner pot, and add in half and half, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper, cloves of cooled roasted garlic, and Boursin cheese, and chives. Use a potato masher, or I used a hand held mixer, to mash the potatoes.
- Place into a serving dish and watch them disappear!
Inspired by Creamy Mashed Potatoes from Coco Morante’s Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook
Keywords: Mashed Potatoes, Potatoes, Instant Pot, Garlic