Peanut butter cookies taken up a notch!!
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter – not “natural”
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup chopped Peanut Butter Cups – you can mix them all in at once, or divide half into dough, and pressing half into the top of the cooked cookies while still warm.
- 1/3 cup Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl or mixer, beat together the peanut butter and softened butter until it is completely combined.
- Beat in the brown and white sugar, mixing until light and fluffy. Then add in the salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Beat in the eggs, and then scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure it is all evenly mixed.
- Mix in the oats, chocolate chips, chopped peanut butter cups, and shredded coconut.
- Scoop the dough out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently press the extreme peanut butter cup cookies down a bit so they flatten on top.
- Bake them for 16-18 minutes, or until just browning around the edges. When the cookies come out of the oven, you can make them picture perfect round by using a cookie cutter, or biscuit cutter to place around the cookies and gently swirl in a circular motion to tighten up the edges and create round cookies.
- Gently press additional chopped peanut butter cups on top of the warmed cookie if desired.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, and then remove them to cool completely on a wire rack.
Adapted from Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies from Food Network