It’s time to usher in the cozy flavors of cinnamons and apple with these easy apple pie danishes! Using only a handful of easy to find ingredients, these apple pie danishes are the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert!
- 2 sheet Puff Pastry dough, thawed
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup canned Apple Pie Filling, buy one standard can
- 1 Egg + 2 Tablespoons water, whisked for egg wash
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out thawed puff pastry into a 12×9″ rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise, yielding 2 4-½” strips. Cut those two strips crosswise into thirds, to yield six 4×4 ½” pieces.
- With a knife, score ½” border around the edge of each piece of puff pastry. Use a fork to make five or six pricks into the dough within the border of each piece. This will help keep the middle of each piece from rising.
- In a bowl, stir together softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of mixture into the middle of each piece of dough and spread around evenly, ensuring the mix stays within the borders.
- In the middle of the cream cheese, add 3-4 slices of apple from the apple pie filling into the middle.
- In a small dish, whisk together the egg and water, and brush it around the edges of the danishes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, on the middle rack and rotate the baking sheet half way through baking.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or room temperature. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.