These semi-sweet and spicy curried pumpkin dinner rolls are easy for novice bread bakers, and make a smash at any dinner table or holiday party! The curry is not overwhelming, lending some cozy flavor and color to these gorgeous rolls with honey butter slathered on top!
- 3/4 cup Milk, Between 102-110 Degrees
- 2 1/4 tsp (1 packet) Yeast
- 1 tsp plus 1/3 cup Sugar, divided
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 6 Tbsp Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup Pumpkin Purée
- 4 1/2–5 cups All Purpose Flour, more depending on moisture of dough
Honey Butter Topping
- 1/4 cup Butter, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Sesame seeds
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, measure out the milk. Heat in microwave until the temperature reaches between 102-110 Degrees.
- Stir in 1 tsp sugar to the milk, and add in yeast. Gently mix yeast, and set aside to proof. About five minutes.
- With a stand mixer, fitted with the dough hook attachment, add in remaining ingredients, and begin to mix until combined. Slowly pour in the yeast mixture, and allow to incorporate. Mix until the ingredients are smooth and dough like, and the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl, but still sticks to the bottom. About 5-7 minutes.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough until it becomes a smooth, uniform ball. Place into a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until the dough doubles in size.
- Roll dough out onto lightly floured surface and cut into 16-20 equal pieces. Roll the dough into small balls, and place seam side down in a greased and parchment lined 13x9inch baking dish. Cover and let the dough rise, another hour. NOTE :: (I make 16 rolls…My pan usually holds 12 and I bake 4 in a smaller baking dish to eat right away ha!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown on top, and reach 200 degrees when tested with a thermometer.
- In a small dish, mix together 1/4 cup room temperature butter, and 2 tablespoons honey until smooth. Brush tops of baked rolls with mixture, and sesame seeds. Allow to cool slightly. Or serve warm.
TO FREEZE ::
- After first rise and rolling the dough into balls, place them on a parchment lined baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Place them flat in the freezer at least 2″ apart to freeze completely. Then put into freezer safe zip top plastic bag until ready to use.
- To bake, thaw as many rolls as desired and allow them to rise until thawed completely and double in size. Bake according to directions above.