Impossibly crispy, and utterly kid friendly, these crispy baked zucchini fries are a hit with everyone. And don’t forget to serve them with marinara for dipping!
- 1 1/2 cups Panko Crumbs (I used a parm herb blended variety for extra punch)
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp Paprika, or Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2–3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 pounds Young Zucchini, sliced 1/2″x1/2″x3″, approximately
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray a sheet pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a pie plate, use a fork to toss together the panko crumbs, cheese, and seasonings.
- In another pie plate, whisk the eggs well. In another plate, add in the flour. This will all create the dredge for the zucchini.
- Working with one piece of zucchini at a time, slide it through the flour, shaking off any excess. Slide if through the eggs, and lift it out to allow excess egg to drip away. Then press it into the panko crumbs. Place on the baking sheet and repeat.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through. Allow them to rest on the baking sheet about 5 minutes before serving. Serve with a side of marinara or pizza sauce.
Keywords: Zucchini, Vegetable, Side Dish, Baked, Vegetarian