A heavenly fall combination happens when brie and cranberry come together! This crispy chicken sandwich is full of flavor and easy to make.
- 2 thin sliced Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs + 3 Tbsp Water or Milk – for Egg Wash
- 1 1/2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs – I used Garlic Parmesan Panko
- 2 Tbsp Seasonings of choice – I used dried Lighthouse Dressing Herb Blend
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 4 Brioche Burger Buns
- 8 oz. Brie Cheese – thinly sliced for sandwich
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1/4– 1/3 Mayonnaise
- 2–3 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 2–3 Tbsp Balsamic Glaze
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Holiday Jam – or other Cranberry Relish or Sauce
For Crispy Chicken –
- Prepare a 12″ cast iron skillet with oil, over medium high heat. Allow it to come up to temperature.
- While the oil is heating, prepare chicken by patting it dry. If using full size chicken breasts, make sure to filet each breast into two thin cut style chicken breasts and lightly pound them to an even thickness. Pat dry again with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- In three shallow bowls or dishes, divide the flour into one, the egg wash in another, and the panko bread crumbs into the last bowl. Into the flour, add in 1 tablespoon of the seasoning of your choice, and into the panko add in the remaining seasoning. Mix the seasonings into each of those dry ingredients.
- Dredge the salt and pepper seasoned chicken into the flour and cover completely. Shake off excess flour gently, then dip into the egg wash, and lastly into the panko crumbs coating it completely.
- Test the oil prior to adding in the coated chicken, by dropping a few crumbs of panko into the oil. If it starts to sizzle immediately you know the oil is ready. If it does not sizzle around the crumbs, adjust the heat accordingly.
- Lightly place the chicken pieces into the heated oil. Allow it to try for 3-4 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Gently flip the chicken and finish cooking. Repeat with all the pieces of chicken. A 12″ skillet should be able to fit at least 3 pieces in at once without overcrowding.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pan, and allow to drain on a paper towel lined plate until ready to assemble sandwich.
- Toast brioche buns.
- In a small dish, mix together the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Smear onto each slice of the toasted buns. Top the bottom bun with a handful of arugula. Top with crispy chicken. And on sliced cheese. If you have blow torch, use it to melt the cheese. Or, after removing the chicken from the oil, you can place it onto a baking sheet, top the chicken with the Brie cheese, and place it under a broiler until melted.
- Smear the cranberry jam (relish, or sauce – your choice!) on top of the melted cheese, and then drizzle with Balsamic glaze. Top with the other bun. Serve.
Keywords: Chicken, Crispy Chicken, Brie, Sandwich, Cranberry, Cheese