This refreshing English Garden Cocktail is relaxing, zingy, and positively colorful. Perfect for a hot summer day!
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Lavender Buds, dried
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 3/4 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Vodka
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat, combine water and sugar. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Turn off heat.
- Stir in lavender buds and allow to steep for 5 minutes. Strain simple lavender syrup into a bowl to allow to cool and simultaneously remove the lavender buds.
- Into a pitcher, juice lemons, pour in vodka and add in blueberries. Add in desired amount of ice.
- With a muddler or a large spoon, smash together until blueberries have released their juice and color.
- When lavender syrup is cooled, pour over ice – stir and pour into double old fashioned glasses with additional ice. Garnish with additional lemon slices.
If you want to make a non-alcoholic version, simply omit the vodka. Then it’s kid friendly!