Take your standard stuffed mushrooms up a level with these chorizo hash stuffed breakfast mushrooms with egg! These are a great twist on a classic appetizer, that will fuel you up all day long.
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- ¼ pound Pork Sausage
- ¼ pound Chorizo Sausage
- ½ pound Tri-Color Potatoes, chunked
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- ½ cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Mexican Crema or Sour Cream
- ½ cup Panko
- 2 Eggs
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, combine pork and chorizo sausage, onion, red bell pepper and potatoes and garlic. Cook through.
- Drain fat from pan. Fold sour cream and cilantro and ½ of the panko.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove stems and gills from mushrooms.
- Spoon chorizo sausage and veggie mixture into the bowl of the mushrooms. Top with remaining half of the panko.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the panko turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In skillet that chorizo was cooked in – heat over medium-high heat.
- Crack each egg into the skillet and cover pan with lid. Allow the eggs to cook until the whites have set.
- Top onto cooked stuffed mushrooms and garnish with cilantro. Devour immediately.
Megan Keno – Country Cleaver