Bake a sweet and salty treat with these Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies with Pretzel Crust! Add stout beer to make them super special!
- 5 cups tiny pretzel twists, crushed fine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 pkg (18.4 oz each) chocolate fudge brownie mix, prepared with Vegetable Oil, 1 Egg and Water (according to package directions)
- 1/3 cup Peter Pan® Simply Ground Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- In a small food processor, add in pretzels, and pulse until very fine crumbs form. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine crushed pretzels and granulated sugar in medium bowl. Add butter, and mix until blended.
- Firmly press mixture into baking pan. Bake 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, stir together brownie mix according to package directions, using vegetable oil, egg and water.
- Carefully spread brownie batter over hot pretzel crust.
- Combine Peter Pan Simply Ground peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar in small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted.
- Top brownie batter with spoonfuls of peanut butter mixture. Using a knife, swirl peanut butter mixture through brownie batter until it is marbled in appearance.
- Bake 23 to 28 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut into 16 large squares.
To make these Stout Brownies, substitute stout beer for water in the brownie mixture, and continue to prepare according to directions.
Lightly Adapted from Peter Pan’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout Brownies with Pretzel Crust