Cheesy Polenta with Steak and Poached Eggs is the ultimate of country comfort and fitting for the last bit of this winter weather. This dish makes great use of leftover roasted vegetables and steak from the week’s dinners.
- Packaged Polenta Mix
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Eggs
- Roasted Broccoli, or other roasted vegetable
- Sliced Cooked Steak or Chicken Breast reheated
- Chipotle Tabasco
- Ground Pepper
- Prepare polenta according to package directions. Mix in butter and shredded cheddar.
- In a shallow pan, bring water to a rolling simmer. Add vinegar to the water.
- Using a spoon, swirl the water to make a small whirlpool. gently crack and slip the eggs into the water one at a time. Let them simmer in the water for 3 minutes or until the whites are set.
- In a bowl, add in polenta, and top with poached eggs, roasted vegetables, and reheated steak or chicken breast.
- Season with pepper and chipotle Tabasco sauce. Serve immediately.
Inspired by Manhattan Seattle