Roasted hazelnuts and cashews combine with quinoa for this protein-packed granola. The addition of chai and espresso powder add outstanding flavors!
- 3/4 cup Quinoa
- 2 ½ cups Oats
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- ½ cup Chopped Cashews
- 1/2 cup Coconut, shredded
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Powdered Chai Mix
- 1 Tbsp Espresso Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Pour quinoa into a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl stir together quinoa, oats, almonds, shaved coconut, brown sugar, espresso powder, Chai mixture and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together applesauce, and honey.
- Combine the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour the granola onto the lined baking sheet. Spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until granola is golden brown, turning gently every 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Don’t stir much while it cools and try to minimize movement so clumps of granola stick together.
Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod “Crunchy Quinoa Granola”