A handy one pan meal, this cast iron pesto chicken and artichoke comes together easily and packs a ton of flavors great for summer! Make the most of the fresh summer artichokes roasted with lemon and coriander and finished with a brush of pesto!
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Chicken Legs
- 4 Chicken Thighs, bone in, skin on
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 Large Whole Artichokes
- 2 Lemons, quartered
- 1/2 cup Pesto
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare artichokes, by trimming bottom to the last 1″ from the artichoke. Quarter the artichokes, and with a knife and spoon, remove the feathering inside and discard.
- Drizzle the artichokes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, and with half of the coriander. Set aside.
- Prepare the chicken thighs and legs by patting them dry and seasoning them with salt, pepper, and remaining coriander.
- Heat 12″ cast iron skillet with 2 Tbsp of olive oil, and sear the chicken thighs, skin down, until they are crispy, about 4 minutes. Flip and sear another 2. Remove and then repeat with the chicken legs.
- Nestle all of the chicken and artichokes into the skillet, pouring the white wine and chicken stock into the bottom of the pan. It may simmer briefly.
- Nestle four of the lemon wedges into the chicken and artichokes. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken reaches at least 165 and the artichoke hearts become tender.
- Brush the chicken and artichokes with the pesto at the end. And serve.