Want to pack your summer full of nutritious veggies? This butternut squash and lentil salad is packed with protein, and vegetables filled with all the good stuff your bikini body needs.
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups Cooked Lentils (approximately 1 cup dry)
- 1⁄2 cup Cashews, chopped and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup Herbed Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup jarred Peanut Sauce (or this Homemade Version)
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat and spread the squash out. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the squash to make sure it is evenly coated in oil.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until a fork goes through it smoothly. Remove from oven and let cool. slightly.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare the lentils. If using dry lentils, rinse with water in a colander and pour into a large sauce pan. For approximately 1 cup dry lentils, use 2 1/2 cups water. Bring them to a boil and then reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Cover and let simmer until soft – approximately 30 minutes. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Toss the warm roasted squash with the lentils, cashews, and herbed crumbled goat cheese.
- Drizzle with peanut sauce and top with chopped cilantro.
- Serve warm or cold. Devour.
Canada Lentils Roasted Butternut and Lentil Salad