Fried Buffalo Chicken is nestled on soft pretzel rolls with blue cheese dressing and celery. Perfect for Football Sundays while you cheer on your favorite team!
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2/3 cup Buffalo Sauce, divided
- 3 Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless, filleted in half for 6 pieces
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 3 stalks Celery, shaved or finely diced
- 6 Pretzel rolls, buttered and toasted
- In large bowl combine the buttermilk and 1/3 cup of buffalo sauce.
- Pound filleted chicken thighs to even thickness. Place in buttermilk/buffalo mixture to marinade. Place chicken and buttermilk into fridge for at least 45 minutes.
- In shallow bowl whisk together flour, cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic salt. This will be the dredge for the chicken. Remove chicken from the fridge.
- Preheat skillet with vegetable oil until it is shimmering and heated to 350 degrees. Remove one piece of chicken thigh at a time from the marinade and dredge into flour mixture. Then quickly re-dip into the marinade and dredge in the flour once again. This will create a double coating. Shake off excess flour and place into the oil to fry. Repeat with remaining chicken thighs.
- Fry for 4-5 minutes per side until the coating is a golden brown color and the chicken has cooked through.
- Remove from oil and place on plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Pour remaining buffalo sauce over the freshly fried chicken thighs.
- Spread blue cheese dressing to the pretzel rolls, top with diced or shaved celery, one piece of fried buffalo chicken per roll and top with more crumbled blue cheese. Top with other half of roll and promptly devour.
Inspired by Megan Keno’s Parents who will remain nameless.