If you love fruit pie, give the underrated apricot a try with this Brandy Apricot Ribbon Pie!
Apricot Fruit Jam Filling
- 3 cups Apricot, roughly chopped for jam, and divided
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Pectin
Apricot Cream Filling
- 3 Tbsp Apricot flavored Gelatin, or plain or another flavor if you choose
- 3 Tbsp Boiling Water
- 1/3 cup Apricot Jam puree, *from Jam step*
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
Whipped Cream Top
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Brandy
- 1 Pre-baked/Blind Baked Pie Crust
- Prepare the pie crust by pre-baking it, by blind baking it. Use these directions if you need help.
- Cool the pie crust completely.
APRICOT JAM FILLING
- In a sauce pan, bring 2 cups of the chopped apricots, sugar and brandy to a boil. Stir frequently.
- Add in the pectin and bring to a boil for about 2 additional minutes.
- Remove from the heat and press the apricots through a strainer to remove the large bits of apricot. The jelly will be smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of this for the Apricot Cream Filling layer.
- When completely cool, add the remaining apricots into the cooled jam filling and stir to combine.
- Spread into the bottom of the cooled pie crust. Place in fridge to chill.
APRICOT CREAM FILLING
- Combine 3 Tablespoons of boiling water, and apricot gelatin stirring until the gelatin dissolves.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, Add in the gelatin mixture, 1/3 cup of apricot jelly, and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream. Whisk the mixture until the cream is stiff.
- Spread the whipped apricot cream filling over the top of the apricot jam filling.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours.
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- In the stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip cream, sugar and brandy until stiff peaks form.
- Spread evenly onto the top of the pie. Flourish with creative swirls for decoration.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Blue Ribbon Desserts Raspberry Ribbon Pie