Make it from scratch or feel free to use premade blackberry pie, and jarred blackberry jam!
For Quick Blackberry Jam
- 2–3 cups Fresh or Frozen Blackberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Regular Fruit Pectin
Pie Crust Crumbles
- 1 Premade Pie Crust or 1 scratch made crust
Ice Cream Base
- 2 cups (1 Pint) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- To create the stove top blackberry jam – add 3 heaping cups of blackberries (fresh or frozen) to a saucepan. Add in 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1 tablespoon of regular powdered pectin. Bring the mixture to a boil and mash the berries. When the mixture begins to thicken, about about 2 minutes of rapid boiling, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove a premade pie crust from the freezer, and when thawed, roll it out. Slice the pie crust into wide 2 inch strips and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Allow it to cool completely and them crumble into large pieces to be mixed into the ice cream base.
- In a large bowl, or stand mixer fitter with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla, salt, and corn syrup.
- Fold the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream until completely combined.
- Into a loaf pan, pour in about 1/3 of the ice cream base. Top the ice cream base with several spoonfuls of the cooled blackberry jam mixture. Using a butter knife or a chopstick, swirl the jam into the mixture. And then top with a handful of pie crust crumbles.
- Repeat this with the remaining mixture.
- Place the completed blackberry pie no churn ice cream into a freezer for at least 6 hours to chill. Then serve!
- To save, cover with plastic wrap and then a layer of foil.
Keywords: No Churn Ice Cream, Pie, Blackberry