This is a complete breakfast in one slice of toast. With roasted asparagus, sliced egg and avocado with a dollop of dijon mustard this asparagus and egg avocado toast is a heck of a way to begin your day. Or even happy hour.
- 4 slices of Sourdough Bread, or other hearty bread
- 2 Avocados, mashed and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 12–14 spears of Asparagus, roasted
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp High Quality Dijon Mustard, such as Maille
- 3–4 Hard Boiled Eggs, cooked, peeled, and sliced
- Additional salt, pepper, or Everything Bagel Seasoning for topping
- It will speed up the process if you have hard boiled eggs already cooked and peeled. So times may vary if you are making this all at once.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a lined baking sheet, toss asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until just fork tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While the asparagus is cooking, mash the avocados and season with salt and pepper. Toast the bread. Spread the dijon mustard onto the toast, then divide the mashed avocado on top. Lay 3-4 spears of roasted asparagus on top of the avocado, then layer with sliced hard boiled egg.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, or Everything Bagel Seasoning. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Avocado, Toast, Breakfast, Diabetic Friendly, Vegetarian, Vegetable