These apricot almond linzer cookies are a holiday cookie essential! Fill the cookies with any type of jam or seedless preserves to fit your taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, almond flour and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together softened butter and sugar until smooth, light, and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, and vanilla extract until completely incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until just combined.
- Divide the dough into half. Shape each half of the dough into discs about 1″ thick. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
Ready to Bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove one disc of dough at a time, and roll out the dough to 1/8″ thick.
- Using Linzer cookie cutouts, cut out an even number of shapes of whole cookies, and cookie tops with decorative shape cut outs. If the dough is becoming warm, place the cutouts onto a cookie sheet and place in the fridge for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes per batch, rotating the cookie sheet halfway through baking. Let the cookies rest on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before removing them and placing them onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Reroll any excess dough, and continue to cut out until all the dough is used.
- When the cookie are cool spread 1/2 teaspoon of preserves onto the whole non-cutout cookie. Top with cut-out cookie and gently press the cookies together. Sprinkle finished cookies with powdered sugar.
Adapted from Wilton Linzer Sandwich Cookies
Keywords: linzer cookies recipe, jam cookies, apricot cookies