It’s not an oxymoron – it’s a happy hour platter in a pasta salad! Packed with olives, cheese, and salami, and a balsamic shallot vinaigrette this will be a hit at your next picnic or happy hour!
- 1 pound Penne Pasta
- 6 ounces Herb Crusted or Deli Salami, sliced into quarters
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Roasted Red Pepper, chopped
- 15 Mini Fresh Mozzarella Balls (Bocconcini), sliced in half
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2–3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp Shallots, minced
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Black and Green Olive mix
- In a large pot, bring heavily salted water to a boil. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare other ingredients, chopping red peppers, salami, mozzarella, etc. Set ingredients aside.
- When pasta is done, drain and immediately rinse with cold water until pasta is cold. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, shallots, salt and pepper to taste, red pepper flakes, and Italian Seasoning.
- Add all remaining ingredients and pasta to the mixing bowl and fold the ingredients together until evenly mixed.
- Cover and place in the fridge to allow the flavors to meld for at least one hour.
- Mix once more prior to serving.
Keywords: antipasto salad, italian pasta salad, antipasto