There is nothing better to warm you up, or cure your winter cold. And all you need is 20 minutes for this 20 minute homemade chicken noodle soup!
- 1 Store Bought Rotisserie Chicken, carved and meat shredded
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 ribs Celery, roughly chopped
- 1 Onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme, (1 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme)
- Salt and Pepper
- 64 ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Stock (2 cartons)
- 6 ounces Egg Noodles
- In a dutch oven over medium high heat, add the olive oil into the pot and let it heat up. When the oil is heated, add the carrots, celery, and onions to the pot. Let the vegetables soften, stirring occasionally.
- While the vegetables are in the pot, carve and shred the chicken meat, using a knife to carve the chicken and two forks to shred the meat. Set aside.
- Add the garlic into the pot once the vegetables have softened. Stir for about 30 seconds until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the thyme and stir until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken stock and stir the soup. Cover and turn the heat to high to bring the soup to a boil.
- Once boiling add in the shredded chicken meat and noodles. Boil for about 7 minutes, or until the noodles have softened.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Cook’s Country Chicken Noodle Soup
Keywords: Recipe, Soup, Chicken, Pasta