A healthy, rustic dessert that can feed a crowd, and is ready in just 30 minutes! Great for holiday gatherings.
- 4 whole Bartlett Pears
- ⅔ cups Flour
- ½ cups Oats
- ⅓ cups Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, Cubed And Chilled
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- On a cutting board, slice pears in half. To ensure that the pears lay flat while baking, slice off a small piece on the outside of each pear. The middle of the pear should be facing up.
- With a melon baller or spoon, scoop out the seeds of the pears. Place pears onto a baking sheet, or in the bottom of pie dishes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. With a pastry cutter, cut in butter until crumbles develop.
- Top pear halves with crumbles.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crumbles turn golden brown on top. Serve while warm. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if you’re feeling daring.
Megan Pence-Keno – Country Cleaver